One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Polished metalwork on ships or other vehicles.
- ‘Tough as the rule sounds, Detroit was glad to get a specific rule on brightwork.’
- ‘She was all brightwork, and the varnish below decks was his pride and joy.’
- ‘She has taught brightwork seminars at the Center for Wooden Boats.’
- ‘Also while I had the brightwork off the boat, I removed the pop-top cover for cleaning and repairs.’
- ‘As the surface area grew, so, too, did the need for more brightwork to identify the make.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.