One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Polished metalwork on ships or other vehicles.
- ‘Also while I had the brightwork off the boat, I removed the pop-top cover for cleaning and repairs.’
- ‘As the surface area grew, so, too, did the need for more brightwork to identify the make.’
- ‘She was all brightwork, and the varnish below decks was his pride and joy.’
- ‘She has taught brightwork seminars at the Center for Wooden Boats.’
- ‘Tough as the rule sounds, Detroit was glad to get a specific rule on brightwork.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.