Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The brightish star just east of Saturn is Regulus, Alpha Leonis, i.e. the brightest star in Leo.’
- ‘This eclipse is unusual because the Moon itself eclipses, or occults, a brightish star during totality!’
- ‘Wait till their shells are a nice color or brightish red.’
- ‘When you sit down at a table you'll notice there are brightish green papers everywhere.’
- ‘The bright blue star on the left and another brightish blue star in the lower left corner form the horns.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.