One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The glamour and excitement of city life.‘they hankered for the bright lights of the capital’
- ‘Lured by the bright lights of the big city, rural children are ditching a farming lifestyle.’
- ‘In real life, every now and then, a jock will slip through the cracks and make it to the decadent bright lights.’
- ‘The attraction of the bright lights of the cities can detract from the demands of study.’
- ‘You know, when I was a kid in Fort Worth I just wanted the bright lights and glamour.’
- ‘I had heard all the stories about bright lights, big city, and lots of parties.’
- ‘Her friends urged her to move to the bright lights of Hollywood or the hip, arty precincts of Santa Monica.’
- ‘He grew up in Calgary before heading off to the bright lights of New York back in 1994.’
- ‘Lest a day looking at old buildings and ruins is too dry, head in the evening for the bright lights of Pera.’
- ‘The filthy back streets of Victorian London are a far cry from the bright lights of Tinsel Town.’
- ‘But his father whisked him away from the bright lights, sending him to military school at La Fleche.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.