Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Very early in the morning:‘if you are up bright and early we will be able to set off in good time’
- ‘Now, the actor kicked off his campaign bright and early in the morning by hitting the talk shows.’
- ‘The next morning Bonnie was up bright and early for her training.’
- ‘Christmas Eve morning dawned bright and early and with it my airplane flight home to Seattle.’
- ‘Our coverage will be bright and early tomorrow morning here in the United States.’
- ‘The morning dawned bright and early and Kathryn was shaken awake by the woman.’
- ‘The next morning she was up bright and early so she could be absolutely perfect for the President.’
- ‘Morning came bright and early for the two lovers, a little too early for most normal human beings.’
- ‘Desiree woke up bright and early on the morning of the 25th.’
- ‘I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning.’
- ‘I want someone from the cottage on the hill working for me bright and early tomorrow morning.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.