One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bodin distinguished between war and other forms of organized violence such as raiding and brigandage.’
- ‘The desert tribes derived a part of their revenue from brigandage against other tribes, pilgrims and travellers.’
- ‘After nine years of brigandage, he turned back to Wessex and began to ‘contend for the kingdom.’’
- ‘In February 1801 special criminal courts with wide powers were created to deal with brigandage.’
- ‘Finally, it is useful to consider briefly the range of local military forces that bore on the suppression of brigandage.’
- ‘The code wasn't binding on the Royal and Imperial courts, and brigandage was a hanging offense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.