One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bodin distinguished between war and other forms of organized violence such as raiding and brigandage.’
- ‘In February 1801 special criminal courts with wide powers were created to deal with brigandage.’
- ‘The desert tribes derived a part of their revenue from brigandage against other tribes, pilgrims and travellers.’
- ‘The code wasn't binding on the Royal and Imperial courts, and brigandage was a hanging offense.’
- ‘After nine years of brigandage, he turned back to Wessex and began to ‘contend for the kingdom.’’
- ‘Finally, it is useful to consider briefly the range of local military forces that bore on the suppression of brigandage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.