One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian acacia tree.
- ‘This is a monospecific genus restricted to the brigalow belt of eastern Queensland.’
- ‘The majority of threatened ecosystems are eucalypt woodlands and brigalow forest.’
- ‘The majority of brigalow forest has already been cleared for agriculture.’
- ‘Dense brigalow scrub still impeded travel east from the Maranoa.’
- ‘Structural characteristics of brigalow vegetation at the start of each transect were measured and recorded.’
Mid 19th century: from an Aboriginal word, perhaps Kamilaroi burigal.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.