One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank of officer in the US army, air force, and marine corps, above colonel and below major general.
- ‘He was promoted to brigadier general in February 1865.’
- ‘He was a brigadier general, and he had been sent by Eighth Army Headquarters.’
- ‘A wing, normally commanded by a brigadier general, is the Air Force's prime warfighting instrument.’
- ‘Now a brigadier general, Roosevelt performed with distinction, first in North Africa, then in Sicily.’
- ‘As the lone brigadier general present, I was the last to respond.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.