- ‘Despite the briefness of the play, there is certainly no lack of depth here.’
- ‘Surprised by the briefness of the conversation, I stuttered back, ‘O-okay, I guess.’’
- ‘Despite its briefness, Mason's work is the best of the three actors who are first billed in the film.’
- ‘Despite the briefness of that glimpse, she could tell that they were in serious trouble.’
- ‘This briefness is to be regretted, but at least they are there and this is to be welcomed in a work of this type.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.