One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Surprised by the briefness of the conversation, I stuttered back, ‘O-okay, I guess.’’
- ‘Despite the briefness of that glimpse, she could tell that they were in serious trouble.’
- ‘This briefness is to be regretted, but at least they are there and this is to be welcomed in a work of this type.’
- ‘Despite the briefness of the play, there is certainly no lack of depth here.’
- ‘Despite its briefness, Mason's work is the best of the three actors who are first billed in the film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.