One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a barrister) having no clients.
- ‘He preferred the laid-back life of a briefless barrister.’
- ‘There were those controlled by instructions, for example, the briefless barrister recruited for the work.’
- ‘When he - a briefless barrister - stepped ashore in 1839, Melbourne was little more than a huddle of huts.’
- ‘One briefless barrister who had been watching the trial, came out with a novel.’
- ‘Michael is a briefless solicitor afraid of commitment to his girlfriend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.