One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft bread roll with a long, thin shape.
- ‘Such breads are very similar to ‘bridge rolls’, a British party and buffet standby for many years.’
- ‘The cake is no longer a senior subject and the bridge roll filling is at the bottom of the agenda.’
- ‘Rules were laid down about the weight of the bridge rolls and how much cheese and egg went into the filling.’
- ‘The £500,000 a year that she spends on these occasions is due to the guests - each of whom consumes 14 bridge rolls.’
- ‘Every day we bake sausage rolls bridge rolls, and a wide variety of breads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.