Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A transitional section in a musical composition leading to a new section or theme.‘a bridge passage between two choruses’
- ‘Akin to development is the ‘bridge passage’, which does not introduce new ideas but forms a link between two themes.’
- ‘It is cast in the usual form of the normal piano rag, but with an additional eight-bar bridge passage.’
- ‘A strong development section discusses all the main ideas, particularly in the first bridge passage.’
- ‘A bridge passage leads to the second subject in the tonic key.’
- ‘The coda begins at bar 200 like the bridge passage did.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.