One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transitional section in a musical composition leading to a new section or theme.‘a bridge passage between two choruses’
- ‘Akin to development is the ‘bridge passage’, which does not introduce new ideas but forms a link between two themes.’
- ‘The coda begins at bar 200 like the bridge passage did.’
- ‘A bridge passage leads to the second subject in the tonic key.’
- ‘A strong development section discusses all the main ideas, particularly in the first bridge passage.’
- ‘It is cast in the usual form of the normal piano rag, but with an additional eight-bar bridge passage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.