One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Truth be told, though, I could go for a cold brewski right about now.’
- ‘You just got here and you already sucked down two brewskis.’
- ‘Imagine you had a desire one day to quaff your thirst with a good, strong brewski.’
- ‘You can pay me back by treating me to a few brewskies’
- ‘And one of the ironies can be found in the accompanying sound of millions of brewskies being popped in celebration.’
1980s from brew + a fanciful ending, perhaps after the common Slavonic surname suffix -ski.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.