Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who supervises the brewing process in a brewery.
- ‘Wash it down with some micro-brewed beer that rivals the brewmasters' of Germany.’
- ‘Actually, if the brewmaster sent that beer out of the brewery, he thought it was done.’
- ‘The brewmaster is one of the most vocal advocates for beer's place at the table.’
- ‘A brewmaster once told me, ‘This beer awakens the taste buds in your mouth.’’
- ‘He hired the country's only female brewmaster and plastered her fetching image on posters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.