One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yeast which is used in the brewing of top-fermenting beer and is also eaten as a source of vitamin B.count noun ‘a traditional brewer's yeast’as modifier ‘brewer's yeast tablets’
- ‘This B vitamin is found in fresh green leafy vegetables and brewer's yeast.’
- ‘Even some single-celled eukaryotes are familiar, such as brewer's yeast or athlete's foot fungus.’
- ‘We use brewer's yeast to feed fleas when we're raising them for experiments.’
- ‘Human absorption from food is estimated at about 2-3 percent and 510 percent from brewer's yeast.’
- ‘A strong infusion of the tea with brewer's yeast treats delayed menses.’
- ‘The patties - typically made of corn syrup, soy flour, and brewer's yeast - create another problem.’
- ‘The high starch content of corn can be converted to sugar and then fermented to ethanol fuel by brewer's yeast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.