One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A session of making tea.‘when the situation seemed hopeless, it was time for a brew-up’
- ‘The gardener is always lurking about between brew-ups in his dreadful shed.’
- ‘The walls which encase the tea room double up as a shrine to the most storied brew-ups of eras past.’
- ‘No sign of problems after 5 years, and you know how many tea brew-ups us Brits make every day!’
- ‘A full-width rear interior locker is very useful for stowing cups, kettle, water and stove for impromptu brew-ups.’
- ‘One larger pot will be fine for heating up enough water for meals, brew-ups and washing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.