One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for loincloth
- ‘In the back, I pull the two sides out so that the breechclout covers my bottom like a bathing suit.’
- ‘The elaborate tassels on the ends of his red breechclout reached below his knees when he stood.’
- ‘The men wore breechclouts and moccasins, with leggings and a robe to cover themselves in cold weather.’
- ‘Indian breechclouts and legging pants finished his mismatched uniform of style and fealty.’
- ‘Sometimes a fitted leather breechclout was worn with flaps in front and back, decorated with quillwork.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.