One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for loincloth
- ‘In the back, I pull the two sides out so that the breechclout covers my bottom like a bathing suit.’
- ‘The men wore breechclouts and moccasins, with leggings and a robe to cover themselves in cold weather.’
- ‘Sometimes a fitted leather breechclout was worn with flaps in front and back, decorated with quillwork.’
- ‘Indian breechclouts and legging pants finished his mismatched uniform of style and fealty.’
- ‘The elaborate tassels on the ends of his red breechclout reached below his knees when he stood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.