One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the German playwright, producer, and poet Bertolt Brecht or his work.‘a masterpiece of Brechtian alienation’
- ‘Throughout the album you get a sense of stage and of cabaret - a Brechtian atmosphere permeates the whole album.’
- ‘This 1615 play has all the hallmarks of Brechtian theatre: an episodic structure, a delight in story-telling, and an underdog hero who dispenses justice and redistributes wealth.’
- ‘Then, somewhat as in a Brechtian play, we are served up a clash of voices, of discourses and positions, representing various social views of this coming takeover.’
- ‘Clearly this is a high-concept, ironic, no-motion aesthetic, maybe even Brechtian.’
- ‘The Ruling Class remains the only film to ever combine elements of Jacobean drama, Brechtian satire, Hammer horror and musical comedy.’
- ‘I try to make the process of watching something Brechtian, to stand back and say, What are they really showing us?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.