Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The brecciation is probably a result of removal of evaporites from the underlying Moose River Formation.’
- ‘This would best be done by careful engineering - noting areas of brecciation and serpentinisation.’
- ‘The presence of the brecciation, together with widespread metal anomalies provide enticing clues to mineralization.’
- ‘Fluids involved in brecciation were most likely formation waters expelled from the cherts and basalts.’
- ‘It is composed of a silicified core and flanked by more friable sulfides showing evidence of later tectonic brecciation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.