Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘I couldn't keep the breathlessness and hurt out of my voice.’
- ‘It's normal to feel a mild breathlessness during pregnancy.’
- ‘I experience breathlessness and sometimes congestion leading to wheezing and hyperventilation.’
- ‘Walking to the point of breathlessness may be overdoing it.’
- ‘But earlier I used to get palpitations with breathlessness.’
- ‘In greater doses it can cause chest tightness, fatigue, breathlessness, dizziness and can affect muscle control.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.