One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a gentle way of connecting thoughts, without applying the abrupt brake of a full stop or the breathiness of a comma.’
- ‘The absence of vibrato or breathiness in the upper parts makes for gloriously sinewy singing.’
- ‘What she lacks in sheer firepower she more than makes up for in hypnotic and compelling breathiness.’
- ‘The breathiness had left her voice, leaving it cold and strong.’
- ‘Her voice has grown a bit deeper, but mostly it's been enriched with a soulful breathiness and grit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.