One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The breathiness had left her voice, leaving it cold and strong.’
- ‘It is a gentle way of connecting thoughts, without applying the abrupt brake of a full stop or the breathiness of a comma.’
- ‘Her voice has grown a bit deeper, but mostly it's been enriched with a soulful breathiness and grit.’
- ‘The absence of vibrato or breathiness in the upper parts makes for gloriously sinewy singing.’
- ‘What she lacks in sheer firepower she more than makes up for in hypnotic and compelling breathiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.