Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Emily rolled her shoulders beneath his hands and laughed breathily.’
- ‘‘Yeah,’ I said a little too quickly, too breathily.’
- ‘I asked breathily, batting my eyelashes at him.’
- ‘‘I can't believe it,’ Lia whispered breathily.’
- ‘I whispered breathily and took a step closer to the stall.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.