One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relax after being frightened or tense about something.‘she wouldn't breathe freely again until she was airborne’
- ‘I did my best to help her, but at the moment I was still so stunned I could barely start breathing again.’
- ‘When the door clicked closed behind him, I began breathing again.’
- ‘It felt like hours before he could breathe again, before he could relax his jaw and focus.’
- ‘They relax her and she feels like she can breathe again.’
- ‘Shutting the door behind her, she began breathing again.’
- ‘I started breathing again after I found out he wasn't going to walk away in disgust.’
- ‘Only when the light turned from red to green did he allow himself to breathe again.’
- ‘I tried to restrain my thoughts and truly relax to some extent where I could breathe again.’
- ‘When we finally pulled up to the club, I started breathing again.’
- ‘I really needed to leave what was normal and everyday to me and change in order to breathe again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.