Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘And don't forget these jackets' admirable common denominator: supreme breathability.’
- ‘Hats made of fleece and gloves or mittens lined with fleece are excellent choices for warmth and breathability.’
- ‘There are countless models on the market, but most involve some compromise between breathability and true waterproofness.’
- ‘They are usually well padded so they're comfortable and durable, and they also offer superior breathability.’
- ‘They're made from waxy tumbled leather, which is strategically perforated for extra breathability.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.