One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small brooch or badge worn on the chest, typically to fasten a garment.
pin, clasp, clip, fastening, badgeView synonyms
- ‘Fathia lost a breastpin of 36 diamonds and 25 sapphires.’
- ‘A New York company used several car loads of Cannel yearly in making finger rings, breastpins and buttons.’
- ‘Against the strict rules of your order, you use an arc and compass breastpin.’
- ‘Figures of them were sold in the form of photographs, watercolor studies, breastpins and carvings.’
- ‘Cameo breastpins were a favorite with many, while nearly every girl had her ears pierced for earrings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.