One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small brooch or badge worn on the chest, typically to fasten a garment.
pin, clasp, clip, fastening, badgeView synonyms
- ‘A New York company used several car loads of Cannel yearly in making finger rings, breastpins and buttons.’
- ‘Fathia lost a breastpin of 36 diamonds and 25 sapphires.’
- ‘Against the strict rules of your order, you use an arc and compass breastpin.’
- ‘Cameo breastpins were a favorite with many, while nearly every girl had her ears pierced for earrings.’
- ‘Figures of them were sold in the form of photographs, watercolor studies, breastpins and carvings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.