One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shallow plastic receptacle that fits over the nipple of a lactating woman to catch any milk that flows.
- ‘Simply place the breast shell over the nipple and wear underneath a bra.’
- ‘You can use breast shells in your bra to catch leaking milk.’
- ‘Use breast shells or nipple protectors over tender nipples to stop clothes rubbing and allow air to circulate.’
- ‘Use of a special breast shell, worn a few months prior to delivery, can help correct this problem.’
- ‘If you have not worn breast shells during the last trimester of your pregnancy, it is not too late.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.