One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shallow plastic receptacle that fits over the nipple of a lactating woman to catch any milk that flows.
- ‘If you have not worn breast shells during the last trimester of your pregnancy, it is not too late.’
- ‘Use of a special breast shell, worn a few months prior to delivery, can help correct this problem.’
- ‘Simply place the breast shell over the nipple and wear underneath a bra.’
- ‘Use breast shells or nipple protectors over tender nipples to stop clothes rubbing and allow air to circulate.’
- ‘You can use breast shells in your bra to catch leaking milk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.