Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A shallow plastic receptacle that fits over the nipple of a lactating woman to catch any milk that flows.
- ‘You can use breast shells in your bra to catch leaking milk.’
- ‘Use of a special breast shell, worn a few months prior to delivery, can help correct this problem.’
- ‘Use breast shells or nipple protectors over tender nipples to stop clothes rubbing and allow air to circulate.’
- ‘Simply place the breast shell over the nipple and wear underneath a bra.’
- ‘If you have not worn breast shells during the last trimester of your pregnancy, it is not too late.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.