One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prosthesis consisting of a gel-like or fluid material in a flexible sac, implanted behind or in place of a female breast in reconstructive or cosmetic surgery.
- ‘In most cases, the scars left by breast implant surgery are very small and fade over time to become almost invisible.’
- ‘A breast implant can be used, as can a woman's own tissues from other parts of her body.’
- ‘Women who choose to have a natural tissue breast implant may also consider nipple reconstruction.’
- ‘Usually it is necessary to use a small breast implant when using this muscle.’
- ‘Surgeons evaluating candidates for breast implant surgery need to be vigilant for subtle signs of psychiatric problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.