Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A prosthesis consisting of a gel-like or fluid material in a flexible sac, implanted behind or in place of a female breast in reconstructive or cosmetic surgery.
- ‘In most cases, the scars left by breast implant surgery are very small and fade over time to become almost invisible.’
- ‘Usually it is necessary to use a small breast implant when using this muscle.’
- ‘Surgeons evaluating candidates for breast implant surgery need to be vigilant for subtle signs of psychiatric problems.’
- ‘Women who choose to have a natural tissue breast implant may also consider nipple reconstruction.’
- ‘A breast implant can be used, as can a woman's own tissues from other parts of her body.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.