One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prosthesis consisting of a gel-like or fluid material in a flexible sac, implanted behind or in place of a female breast in reconstructive or cosmetic surgery.
- ‘Women who choose to have a natural tissue breast implant may also consider nipple reconstruction.’
- ‘In most cases, the scars left by breast implant surgery are very small and fade over time to become almost invisible.’
- ‘Usually it is necessary to use a small breast implant when using this muscle.’
- ‘Surgeons evaluating candidates for breast implant surgery need to be vigilant for subtle signs of psychiatric problems.’
- ‘A breast implant can be used, as can a woman's own tissues from other parts of her body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.