Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A drill on which pressure is brought to bear by the operator's chest.
- ‘The patent makes no mention of using this device as a breast drill.’
- ‘We are manufacturers and exporters of all types of carpenter tools like breast drills.’
- ‘The content of the 24-page catalog was expanded to include breast drills and vises.’
- ‘The animated gadgetry consists of a breast drill in which an old wood drill has been mounted.’
- ‘Then I spin this gizmo as fast as I can for about 30 seconds, angling the breast drill all over the place to polish the entire inside surface.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.