One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The first thing I saw was the breakwind I had slept under.’
- ‘The proprietor cut it into strips and squares by open ditching, breaking the concrete bottom, and planted belts of Scotch fir and other trees as breakwinds across the prevailing winds.’
- ‘They also used to assist me in making a breakwind whenever they shifted camp.’
- ‘They build up breakwinds on the island, beachline and land.’
- ‘Their huts were constructed of a few bushes of greasewood, piled up as a sort of breakwind, in which they huddled in their filthy skins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.