One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Release gas from the anus.
- ‘The mother of a 13-year-old boy yesterday said he was suspended from school for two days simply because he broke wind in a classroom.’
- ‘It's the first ever study to suggest fish communicate by breaking wind.’
- ‘A slight, sickly child, he grew increasingly odd and eccentric, throwing tantrums, fussing about and repeatedly breaking wind.’
- ‘If you were in a room with me and Jake and one of us broke wind, would you know which one it was?’
- ‘What's the correct, polite thing to do when someone breaks wind in your presence?’
- ‘A vaccine that prevents sheep from breaking wind has been developed by Australian scientists in an attempt to reduce global warming.’
- ‘A Swedish man has been awarded nearly £60,000 compensation after he was sacked for telling off a colleague for breaking wind.’
- ‘It is like being invited to someone's dinner party, insulting the chef, spitting on the floor, breaking wind loudly and then apologising.’
- ‘Some scientists think cows breaking wind are more harmful than the greenhouse gases produced from our motor vehicles.’
- ‘On one occasion he broke wind at the venue then turned around to ask the audience, ‘Who did that?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.