One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prevent someone from hitting the ground heavily after a fall.‘Adam caught hold of his son and broke his fall’
- ‘He pulled the cords of the pack down to position himself underneath her so his body would break her fall.’
- ‘She fell 11,000 ft and survived with a fractured pelvis and a few bruises after power lines broke her fall.’
- ‘Luckily, I managed to get my hands out in front of me in an effort to break my fall.’
- ‘Her involuntary reflexes kicked in, and she threw out her arms, managing to break his fall.’
- ‘So far as we could tell, he wore no wire to break his fall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.