One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prevent someone from hitting the ground heavily after a fall.‘Adam caught hold of his son and broke his fall’
- ‘Luckily, I managed to get my hands out in front of me in an effort to break my fall.’
- ‘She fell 11,000 ft and survived with a fractured pelvis and a few bruises after power lines broke her fall.’
- ‘He pulled the cords of the pack down to position himself underneath her so his body would break her fall.’
- ‘So far as we could tell, he wore no wire to break his fall.’
- ‘Her involuntary reflexes kicked in, and she threw out her arms, managing to break his fall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.