One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exert oneself to the utmost to achieve something.‘he had to break his neck to make Price's work look good’
- ‘You do not seem to enjoy being in their company, even though Natasha breaks her neck to make you comfortable.’
- ‘I support this, although I wouldn't break my neck to fight for it.’
- ‘I am beginning to feel out of step because I'm not breaking my neck to grow my business.’
- ‘I'm afraid I've lost a bit of respect for the people I've been breaking my neck to represent.’
- ‘But tonight showed the contrast between a guy who's finished his agenda and a guy who's breaking his neck to implement a new agenda.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.