One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Do something innovative and beneficial.‘this case breaks new ground of great constitutional importance’
- ‘Tonight, we introduce you to a high school senior who broke new ground in the field of astronomy, surpassing even seasoned professionals in astronomy.’
- ‘With their combined reach and complementary services, these two great institutions will break new ground in informing and entertaining people.’
- ‘Many of these advertisements broke new ground and initiated a completely fresh style in British commercial art.’
- ‘Aviation security is breaking new ground and those beginning this training now will be among the pioneers who set policy in this emerging field.’
- ‘In 1901, the hotel also broke new ground with the introduction of the first automatic telephone equipment in Shanghai.’
- ‘As for this year, the US Open is breaking new ground in more ways than one.’
- ‘The Guidance breaks new ground by establishing six disclosure principles and a five-part disclosure framework of recommended disclosure practices.’
- ‘Special consideration will be given to psychological research that breaks new ground or creates significant new understandings that facilitate children's and youths' development or functioning.’
- ‘This innovative method plainly breaks new ground.’
- ‘Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian and others broke new ground by introducing the human figure, naturalistically depicted, into their paintings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.