One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Break into two parts.‘the slate fell from my hand and broke in two on the hard floor’
- ‘This can be done whether the ship is resting upside down, pitched at an angle or has broken in two.’
- ‘A plane breaks in two in midair; multi-colored thread denotes an explosion.’
- ‘Mr Patel struggled with the raider, Justin Conway, and the plastic gun broke in two.’
- ‘He told her how his house had broken in two.’
- ‘The holds and engine room flooded, she was abandoned and later caught fire, at some stage breaking in two.’
- ‘Matt's heart had broken in two at that very moment.’
- ‘Last September it broke in two, draining a trapped freshwater lake into the Arctic Ocean.’
- ‘It will break in two at the perfect spot.’
- ‘She felt her tears slide down her cheek, as she felt her heart break in two.’
- ‘The 484 ton Norwegian steamer Gier hit the reef in 1908, and broke in two.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.