One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Burst out suddenly; emerge.‘having to control the chaos that might break forth’
- ‘Philip's smile broke forth again, pleased and relieved.’
- ‘The tropical breeze sways the palms just as the sun breaks forth to start another spectacular day in paradise.’
- ‘A hoarse yell broke forth from some of the celebrants, a sign that her words were taking effect.’
- ‘Despite my effort, a sob broke forth from my lungs, and his eyes were suddenly upon me.’
- ‘At last their feelings became too strong and broke forth in weeping and wailing, tears and groans, intermingled with shouts of glory and praise from some of the people of God.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.