One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a system of transporting cargo as separate pieces rather than in containers.
- ‘The team questioned the ambiguous role of state port operator PT Pelabuhan Indonesia II in Tanjung Priok break-bulk port - as over the years Pelindo had acted as the port regulator instead of its original role as operator.’
- ‘We have lots of break-bulk terminals, lots of terminals with storage sheds, but the future is in containers and we must invest in containerisation.’
- ‘Then, on July 16, SSA began accepting commercial cargo, including container, break-bulk, and roll-on/roll-off shipments.’
- ‘The park has facilities to house SMEs, EPZ and non-EPZ light manufacturing, assembling, break-bulk, warehousing, and normal trade operations.’
- ‘She had just ended a meeting with a vendor who was making a bid to install a music system at Roadway Express Inc.'s break-bulk terminal outside Akron, Ohio.’
- ‘Although both the Port of Beaumont and the Port of Corpus Christi are container capable, petroleum and break-bulk products constitute most of the cargo shipped from those locations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.