One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a system of transporting cargo as separate pieces rather than in containers.
- ‘Then, on July 16, SSA began accepting commercial cargo, including container, break-bulk, and roll-on/roll-off shipments.’
- ‘Although both the Port of Beaumont and the Port of Corpus Christi are container capable, petroleum and break-bulk products constitute most of the cargo shipped from those locations.’
- ‘The park has facilities to house SMEs, EPZ and non-EPZ light manufacturing, assembling, break-bulk, warehousing, and normal trade operations.’
- ‘She had just ended a meeting with a vendor who was making a bid to install a music system at Roadway Express Inc.'s break-bulk terminal outside Akron, Ohio.’
- ‘The team questioned the ambiguous role of state port operator PT Pelabuhan Indonesia II in Tanjung Priok break-bulk port - as over the years Pelindo had acted as the port regulator instead of its original role as operator.’
- ‘We have lots of break-bulk terminals, lots of terminals with storage sheds, but the future is in containers and we must invest in containerisation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.