One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘In addition to arranging and planning, fathers were asked questions about four other parenting domains: caregiving, promoting development, breadwinning, and their relationship with the target child.’
- ‘Nearly all of the 100,000-plus detainees are able-bodied people of breadwinning age who have, we can assume, a number of dependent family members.’
- ‘The idea that fatherhood is associated with breadwinning, with participation in paid employment, and that this is the main way that men can be social fathers, is therefore historically and culturally specific.’
- ‘The ability of men to earn money became an essential part of their breadwinning role.’
- ‘We're undervaluing and underpaying young adults, including potentially breadwinning fathers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.