One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, thin, crisp piece of baked dough.
- ‘She is also fond of risotto, mild goat's cheese, olives, breadsticks and pitta bread, especially if she can dunk them in some creamy hummus.’
- ‘All entrees come with unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks!’
- ‘We eat it with breadsticks, descendants of the biscotto, the twice-baked everlasting ship's biscuits that kept a trading empire alive.’
- ‘Our waiter brought us a basket of fresh baguette, warm onion rolls and some sublime spiced, herbed breadsticks that were baked on the premises.’
- ‘Look how happy they are with their bottomless salad and breadsticks.’
- ‘Meanwhile, standards like unlimited refills of the family portion garden salad and breadsticks help reinforce the idea of sharing among families, said Setta.’
- ‘The next meal to be served was a salad as well as breadsticks.’
- ‘After ordering a large pepperoni pizza and breadsticks, Roman turned his attention back to his friends.’
- ‘The nuts, olives and breadsticks are a nice touch.’
- ‘Add in a little more water or milk if the soup is too thick, reheat if the soup is too cold, and serve in pretty bowls, with a thick slice of fresh country bread or crispy Italian breadsticks.’
- ‘Our breadsticks are called grisini in Italian and this area is famous for beef and veal.’
- ‘The garlic breadsticks that they had out as appetizers were delicious.’
- ‘That is, until tomorrow when I inform Jon that the only thing I can fathom eating and keeping down is all-you-can-eat salad and breadsticks.’
- ‘And I guess we'll just order pizza and breadsticks for dinner.’
- ‘He ordered two cheese pizzas, breadsticks, water and three chicken soft tacos.’
- ‘‘Fettuccini Alfredo, Caesar salad, and breadsticks,’ Mom was saying to Ashley when I walked in the door.’
- ‘If you don't want to skip the bread course entirely, ask for whole-grain bread, rolls or breadsticks.’
- ‘We are having roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, breadsticks, and salad.’
- ‘I still hadn't decided what I wanted when the waitress came to take our drinks and drop off some salad and breadsticks.’
- ‘It adds robust flavor to focaccia, homemade breadsticks or quick breads such as biscuits or scones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.