One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coating of breadcrumbs, typically on fried food.‘onion rings with light, crispy breading’
- ‘The first thing you notice about the chicken is the breading, unusually dark in color, heavily textured, very crunchy and delicious.’
- ‘The star of the show is the corn dog, which is offered in several different sausage styles and with your choice of breading, even including a cheese batter.’
- ‘According to the menu, the restaurant uses the thinnest breading in town.’
- ‘It tasted sweet but not too sweet, and the breading was crisp with crunchy, tasty edges.’
- ‘We tried an order of the fried ravioli, which had a big scoop of ricotta inside and not-too-thick breading.’
- ‘For sides, get vegetables that don't involve potatoes, cheese, or breading.’
- ‘These zucchini fries are oven baked, with a light breading and a fresh buttermilk ranch dressing.’
- ‘At Beach Seafood, the breading is ever so delicate, just enough to seal in the juicy tenderness.’
- ‘They had the mark of onion ring greatness - keeping the breading intact when taking a bite.’
- ‘This is huge, the hot dog thick and juicy and the dill pickle substantial, all fried in crispy golden breading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.