One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is motivated by, or obsessed with, making money.
- ‘At 63, he is not quite in repose, but he is a different animal from the driven breadhead of legend.’
- ‘New volunteers, particularly breadhead financial types, were suddenly giving me targets.’
- ‘Their breadhead accountants maintain that if it's not on the telly it doesn't exist yet (and who among us can't sympathise with that sentiment?) as budget outlay is calculated only after transmission.’
- ‘Former staff describe a rude breadhead who siphons off the profits rather than paying his team their worth.’
- ‘Pop and rock are going through a major slump right now with full-on breadheads in the ascendancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.