One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What he is doing, not only by committing these acts, but by having the audacity, the brazenness to film them and then immediately post them on the Internet for all to see - he's sending a double message.’
- ‘The headline doesn't quite capture the brazenness with which the bad guys are operating in the Twin Cities: ‘Officer shoots man in north Minneapolis.’’
- ‘And what they're talking about is the fact that we've seen this continued brazenness by this sniper, that he is taking more and more risks as the experts have pointed out.’
- ‘The characteristic coyness of the oriental female and her tendency to a reserve in manners are being replaced by uninhibited straight forwardness and an audacity bordering on brazenness.’
- ‘I simply couldn't believe the audacity, the brazenness of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.