One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a bold and shameless way.‘they are brazenly defying the law’as submodifier ‘brazenly bad performances on instruments they can't play’
- ‘Voters reacted in anger to that brazenly political move.’
- ‘The rest of us will gaze upon this with a mixture of amusement, fascination, and confusion at the brazenly bizarre comedy.’
- ‘The Greek king openly and brazenly competes with a god for the hearts and minds of many of his subjects.’
- ‘The story brazenly slaps unregulated capitalism hard across the face.’
- ‘We could see our drug advertised on TV, in commercials brazenly aimed at kids and teens.’
- ‘It was so brazenly wrong that it was wonderful.’
- ‘I admire people who can just brazenly go through the world.’
- ‘It is mind-numbingly, brazenly, oppressively stupid.’
- ‘It is all brazenly played with the same unflinching naturalistic conviction.’
- ‘His character is brazenly fearless and contemptuous of rivals, but we never get a sense of why this story needed to be told.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.