One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He made it very clear that his superhuman brawniness was what he wished his political future to be built on, and the people voted for it.’
- ‘A Byzantine chalice, Bible, or wood carving has a kind of heft, a hand-made brawniness.’
- ‘If you want something really quiet, you're going to sacrifice a degree of brawniness.’
- ‘The buildings would always hold an admirable brawniness: thick and dark while the night crawlers of all types were sucking down on bottles of booze, rioting in the shadows, or just trying to have a good time.’
- ‘While he may look like the strongest green powerhouse around, he's got nothing against the extraordinary strength of spinach or the out-of-this-world brawniness of broccoli.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.