One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Go outside in spite of poor weather conditions.‘many people braved the elements to enjoy the attractions’
- ‘They found themselves in the middle of a tough decision: scrap the trip, or press on and brave the elements in hopes that the storm would pass.’
- ‘Those who did brave the elements had to wade through a sea of mud.’
- ‘For something completely different, brave the elements in an Icelandic outdoor hot pool.’
- ‘The small crowd which had braved the elements watched with a mixture of emotions.’
- ‘In the bar, a magnificent fire was leaping in the hearth, and the temptation was to stay in the warmth and eat there, chatting to the few locals who had braved the elements.’
- ‘Many traditional climbers braved the elements in the early morning to make the ascent to the top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.