One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The auxiliary winder is a ground-mounted, single drum winder with a double-deck, six-man cage on fixed guides in a bratticed compartment in the shaft.’
- ‘Some of these old gangways are bratticed or boarded shut and sealed so that it won't interfere with existing air ventilation.’
- ‘We then started back in the mine and bratticed ourselves in entry No.10, with a line of brattice works three deep on either side of them.’
- ‘The shaft is divided or bratticed into two compartments, in the other one of which the pumps and their apparatus are placed.’
- ‘Nine men had survived the blast, had bratticed themselves into a side tunnel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.