One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Utensils or other objects made of brass.
- ‘The museum has some of the rare artefacts like brassware, weapons, tools, coins, Buddhist sculptures and paintings dating back to the pre-Christ period.’
- ‘When mechanization arrives, boys tend to take over - as in the gem-polishing industry in Jaipur, Rajasthan and the brassware industry of Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh.’
- ‘The figures have been followed by a pair of moulded rabbits and dozens of items of brassware, including large loving spoons and pottery wall plaques.’
- ‘Just a step away is the Manik Chowk, a narrow lane bursting at the seams with brassware shops.’
- ‘Traditional crafts include knotted and woven carpets made from wool or goat hair, basket-weaving, pottery, silver jewelry, intricate embroidery, and brassware.’
- ‘The Temple Fair at the Lakshmi Towers welcomes visitors to a range of brassware that is ideal as household accessories or decorative materials that can grace hotels, homes or offices.’
- ‘A long time ago, there was a TV advertisement for ‘Brasso’, a kind of polish for brassware.’
- ‘Examples include the move to use sheet metal in constructing brassware, mineral dyes for carpets, and the fly-shuttle in handloomed silks.’
- ‘Woodcarvings, bamboo mats, wooden partitions, paintings, wall hangings, brassware, metal icons and pooja articles are also on display, besides ready-to-eat products.’
- ‘Indus will target children employed in stone quarries, the handloom sector and in making bidis, brassware, leather, glass bangles, locks, fireworks, matches and bricks.’
- ‘As idols or wall hangings, brassware has an aesthetic appeal that is classy, which has proved to be ideal for interior decorations at affordable prices in rich as well as middle-class homes.’
- ‘This is accompanied by the trend towards opulent styling, mahogany panelling and traditional brassware.’
- ‘Also look for maintenance-free brassware vases, key holders and decorative pieces from Uttar Pradesh.’
- ‘Local artisans also produce brassware and items made from bell metal (an alloy of copper and tin).’
- ‘India is known for textiles, rugs, metalwork, bronzes, copper-and brassware, stone carving, pottery, woodwork, and jewelry.’
- ‘Child labour is employed not only in the industrial sector but also the non-industrial or unorganized sector like brassware making, diamond cutting, hawking goods, firework, slate manufacture etc.’
- ‘Take a stroll through the spice-scented streets and discover a treasure trove of silverware, brassware, ethnic jewellery, jasmine garlands and silk saris.’
- ‘He imported Korean brassware, then moved into consumer electronics.’
- ‘A long artistic tradition includes the making of furniture, jewelry in gold and silver, glass, sculpture, lace, tableware, dolls, ceramics, brassware, copperware, and miniature cribs and figurines as well as painting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.