One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I like its brassiness, its in-your-face quality.’
- ‘Or opt for the highlighting kit with a unique squeeze-bottle applicator comb that mimics the salon weave/foil process and a shampooing toner to reduce brassiness.’
- ‘She had a flawless peaches-and-cream complexion and ash-blonde hair, which, if occasionally aided by the peroxide bottle, lacked the brassiness of some of her contemporaries'.’
- ‘I noticed pronounced brassiness in some of the musical numbers, and the subwoofer lacked oomph in scenes where I thought it should kick in harder.’
- ‘Less laudable was the mono soundtrack, which has areas of dullness and areas of brassiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.