One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is ended by a loud and brassily heroic version of the Fellowship theme as the iconic scene of the nine walking over the mountain plays out, signifying the beginning of the journey.’
- ‘Cue some self-realization and brassily independent fulfillment of long-held rock-star fantasies.’
- ‘If it's in response to something somebody else says, fine, but how does you independently stating, loudly and brassily, that you're not a fan add to the overall happiness level of the world?’
- ‘Still, there's a brassily strident edge of G.I. Joe-ness to the proceedings.’
- ‘As brassily entertaining as its no-holds-barred protagonist, the series' debut season is presented in its entirety with this collection of 11 episodes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.