One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The tree is typically Carioca in its brashness and audacity, but despite the city's fondness for it, Rio is not famed for its yuletide.’
- ‘While most teachers disliked Rebecca quite strongly for her sharp tongue and offensive brashness, Mr. Lively found it entertaining, and she had quickly become one of his favorite pupils.’
- ‘For I have realized that it is the city's very boldness and brashness that clearly identifies it as truly Chinese.’
- ‘I love New York for the very qualities of bigness, boldness, and brashness that some seem to despise.’
- ‘The politeness of the elderly was in marked contrast to the freshness, sometimes brashness, often deliberate, of the young, seen even in their responses to the questionnaire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.