One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sea bass ("Dicentrarchus labrax" ), especially as an item on a menu.‘the whole roasted branzino was as fresh-tasting as if it had just been pulled from the sea’
- ‘I have tried virtually everything on the menu and my faves are any risotto, the octopus appetizer and the branzino.’
- ‘I ordered a salmon dish that was just decent, but my date ordered branzino and it was delicious.’
- ‘A favorite among even the pickiest of fish eaters, branzino is a popular choice for dinner parties.’
- ‘Seafood is brought in every other day: our favorites included branzino and rainbow trout (grilled in a butter sauce).’
- ‘A brightly grilled branzino needs nothing more than shaved fennel and preserved lemon.’
- ‘My salt-crusted branzino seemed a little drab, but the salmon, which had a Parmesan crust, was good.’
- ‘Standouts from recent dinners include lamb chops, an excellent jerk chicken, fresh oysters, and branzino.’
- ‘The superb branzino was filleted at the table and sauced with a blend of olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon, garlic and herbs.’
- ‘I should have told him to pipe down and appreciate the branzino that was before us and share his thoughts about our wine pairing.’
- ‘Grilled branzino, boned tableside by an overconfident server, presented an unappetizing prospect of miscellaneous chunks and flakes.’
- ‘You can have your branzino filleted but the whole fish will give you a more intense flavor, and a lot more meat.’
- ‘A grilled whole branzino lacked pizazz, compared with the other choices, despite a zesty gremolata.’
Italian, ‘sea bass’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.