Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- North American term for brent goose
- ‘Female brant are strongly philopatric to their location of birth, as is true for other geese.’
- ‘An internal hinge, spring loaded with a rubber band, made the wings quiver in the wind, giving the illusion of a live brant.’
- ‘Up to 60,000 geese, especially the northern or black brant, summer here.’
- ‘We captured brant goslings at a single brood-rearing area used by brant from the Kokechik Bay colony.’
- ‘We believe that is because brant are reducing the levels of forage to such a low level in all treatments that the vegetation has no ability to compensate for increased grazing even when there is additional fertilization.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.