One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small goose with a mainly black head and neck, breeding in the arctic tundra of Eurasia and Canada; a brent goose.
- ‘Up to 60,000 geese, especially the northern or black brant, summer here.’
- ‘An internal hinge, spring loaded with a rubber band, made the wings quiver in the wind, giving the illusion of a live brant.’
- ‘We believe that is because brant are reducing the levels of forage to such a low level in all treatments that the vegetation has no ability to compensate for increased grazing even when there is additional fertilization.’
- ‘Female brant are strongly philopatric to their location of birth, as is true for other geese.’
- ‘We captured brant goslings at a single brood-rearing area used by brant from the Kokechik Bay colony.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.